Careers at Brown & Brown Dedham
Brown & Brown is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team of experienced professionals. Known and recognized in the industry for our hiring and training program, working here is an excellent opportunity for a qualified candidate with a strong work ethic to build a lasting career in the insurance industry. We attribute our success to a combination of attracting and developing the very best talent, while acquiring and retaining outstanding clients across a wide variety of industries. If you are looking for a career with major growth potential and success tied to your skill and ambition, Brown & Brown may be for you.
JOB OPENING: Employee Group Benefits: Benefit Analyst
Summary of Position:
The Benefit Analyst partners with the Brown & Brown Employee Benefits team to provide its clients with the highest possible level of service regarding all aspects of their group insurance coverages during the renewal process as well as ongoing throughout the plan year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all information required for the client’s renewal period is gathered in a timely and accurate manner for quoting purposes involving both renewal rates generated by the carrier and renewal rates using online systems.
- Prepares renewal materials including Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets, ensuring accuracy by reviewing and proofreading all materials.
- Assists with meeting preparation by scheduling appropriate participants ensuring timely delivery of renewal information.
- Assists with renewal implementation including confirmation letters, applications, enrollment forms, waivers, and termination letters. Drafts employee communications, open election forms and benefit summaries.
- Serves as first level of response with regard to client issues ensuring client satisfaction and appropriate follow-up. Keeps Account Executive informed of all situations and resolutions.
- Ensures that all client files are kept current and complete.
- Develops and maintains solid knowledge of insurance coverages and carrier information by proactively attending carrier provided training sessions and reading carrier generated communications as well as attending internal meetings and information sessions.
Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates good math aptitude.
- Strong proofreading skills including spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Asks for help when unsure of proper method or outcome required.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to competing demands and changing circumstances in the work environment, occasionally in high-pressure situations.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Demonstrates exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred (will consider high school diploma with related experience)
- Experience in the employee benefits/insurance industry preferred, but will train the right person.
- Licensed in Massachusetts or licensed within 3 months of hire
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply, contact Mike Ross
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Attention Current Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.